Monday, October 28, 2013

Magazine Analysis

The Fry Graph shows the magazine "Better Homes and Gardens" is designed for a 13 yeas old reader. The ratio of contents to advertisements is 57:141. This shows that this magazine uses more advertisements than contents. Based on the information I got from the classmates in my group, my magazine has more advertisement pages for product sales than content pages such as interviewing interior designers. This comparison shows that my magazine is made more for adults. If I were to create a profile for a reader of this magazine, I would go towards more adults and 20 year olds. Maybe a 13 year old would want to read it to get ideas for their room decorating, but not many do. I know a lot of teenagers go towards the magazine "PBTeen" to get decorating tips and ideas. The more readers of this particular magazine label has more of the characteristics of designing and decorating. This magazines shows women and men with the qualities and interests in interior and exterior designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment