Sunday, October 20, 2013

Are you a sweet snacker or a salty snacker?


Lizzie Hanson
October 16, 2013
Period F
Data Driven




                Do you prefer salty snacks or sweet snacks? Asking so many people of all different ages I came to the conclusion that as you age, you grow out of the sweet snack phase. I know a lot of kids go for cookies or cake but when you grow up you start to like salty snacks more. As said by an adult, Karen, “I prefer salty snacks such as lays potato chips because I ate too much sugar as a kid.” Karen also enjoys noshing on pretzels. Sharing the taste buds of an older adult, I decided to ask a younger kid preferable around the age of 10 to see if age had anything to do with the decision of choosing a snack. I asked a girl named Brooke. “I love sweet snacks,” Brooke replies without even thinking. You could tell she liked sweet snacks over salty snacks because she didn’t even second guess herself. The next person I asked was a little older but not by much. Tori is a 15 year old, “I would rather eat a carton full of Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie ice cream than a box of cheez it’s .” Tori and Brooke being around the same age and liking sweet snacks while Karen, an adult, likes salty snacks make me think it was age and how young or old you are made you choose between the two different types of snacks. What I did was ask an adult older than Tori but younger than Karen which type of snack they preferred. Melissa, a 33 year old, preferred to have salty snacks over sweet snacks. “Well I love salt and vinegar chips but I also like cookies,” she says with an indecisive look on her face. A few minutes after thinking about the question, she came to a realization that she likes salty snacks more than sweet snacks. After asking people with a variety of ages, the question of sweet snacks or salty snacks resulted in sweet snacks but as you start to age and grow older you start to like salty snacks more.

No comments:

Post a Comment